December 07, 2006

Luck O' The Irish

people keep complaining about me winning at poker. This is repeatedly attributed to my irishness and regarded just as good luck, but while i get the occasional good hand, most of the times I win with pairs or threes and am just playing and betting well.

I mean if i was really lucky, that time I got four of a kind today would have won me more than a penny. As it happens, it didn't. So there.

I showed up late today; it tells you a lot about comms that i was 20 minutes late to a 40 minute lesson and it hadnt started.. but both comms singles were alright. got my value and ideology essay back, with 23 out of 30.. bayliss also got 23 out of 30, and based most of his essay on the first half of mine, so it just goes to show. Warner's marking wasn't very helpful.. he hasn't said anywhere how to improve, just "good essay" written next to the mark. I shouldn't have to point out why this is unhelpful.

english was interesting. I say interesting, because two people in the whole class had done the homework, and as a result everyone else got shouted at and sent off to the library. I would like to point out that I did attempt the homework (we had to find some critical analysis of To The Lighthouse) but I couldn't find anything decent on the interweb last night. the teacher told me I should have looked at the resources in the library. she sent us to the library and gave us books she'd taken form there on TTL.. there were no other books IN the library on TTL. I shouldn't need to say anything more here either.

PSHE was a talk about finance, which wasn't very interesting and ran into my free; it did have some mildly entertaining moments though. the rest of the day was spent playing the aforementioned poker and winning small amounts of other peoples money.

No comments: